Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to obtain a business license?
You will need an Alaska Business License from the state first and then a Certificate of Registration from Saint Paul (obtained here) in order to conduct business on the island. This Certificate of Registration allows you to collect and remit city sales tax.
How much does a Certificate of Registration cost?
Annual cost is $40, due by January 15th for renewals or within a day of starting business operations. Initial application is not prorated.
What is the Sales Tax?
The City’s current tax rate is 3.5% on the sale of all goods and services that are sold on St. Paul island. However, the City developed a Community Development Tax Incentive Program for the purpose of encouraging seafood deliveries to St. Paul Island, or to future new business enterprises for the purpose of encouraging growth in that business, and opportunities for St. Paul Island. The tax incentive program for seafood reduced the tax rate by 1.5% for the following:
  • Bairdi:  All shares
  • St. Matthew Island Blue King:  All shares
  • Bristol Bay Red King Crab: B, C, CP and CDQ shares
  • Pribilof Red King Crab: B, C, CP and CDQ shares
  • Pribilof Blue King Crab: B, C, CP and CDQ shares
  • Opilio:  B, C, CP and CDQ shares
When is Sales Tax due?
Businesses are required to submit monthly sales tax returns along with payment by the 15th of the following month. Businesses with sales of raw fish/seafood must complete the monthly Sales Tax + Attachment A Form. If there was no revenue in a given tax period, you are still required to submit the completed Sales Tax form showing $0 in revenue.
How is penalty and interest calculated on late payments?
The penalty and interest for late payments start the day after taxes are due. Penalty is 5% for each month late and Interest is 15% per year, applied every day late.
Can I pay by credit card?
We are able to take Visa and Mastercard. There is a credit card convenience fee.
How do I amend a return?
Please e-mail letting us know you need to file an amended return. In the email please include:

1) What city the amendment is for along with your six digit license/account number, and owner name

2) Period you need to amend (i.e. Jan. 2020 form due Feb. 15th)

3) If you overpaid or underpaid your original form

4) Brief explanation as to why the form needs to be amended

Once we receive this email we will review your account and send you further instructions.

What types of assistance can MUNIRevs provide to me?
MUNIRevs can assist you with all your system and account questions. Whether you have a question about your account or technical questions about how to do something in MUNIRevs, please reach out to our support team. We can always reach out to the City on your behalf if we need their assistance with one of your questions. You can reach MUNIRevs at and by phone at (888) 751-1911.
Where are my tax forms? My Action Center is empty. 
Your tax forms will be available on the 1st day of the month following the last day of the tax period. For example, for monthly filers, the January 2020 tax forms will be available in your Action Center on February 1, 2020. If you do not see the forms you expected, simply contact MUNIRevs support for assistance.
Can I manage multiple businesses with one login?
Yes - to do so, click "Add or remove accounts from your user login..." in the Manage Your Account(s) section. You will need the 6 digit Account Number and the MUNIRevs Activation Code to connect to an existing account.
Can a business have more than one user?
Yes, each property can have an unlimited number of users. Each user is required to provide the 6 digit Account Number and the MUNIRevs Activation code to be authorized to connect to an existing property record.
I did not receive or I misplaced the letter with my activation code. What do I do?
Contact MUNIRevs or by phone at (888) 751-1911 for assistance. You will need to confirm account details to be verified for the account. To protect the security on accounts, you will need written (e-mail) permission from a registered owner or officer of the business for us to provide you with a new activation code. 
Can I file a Zero File tax return through MUNIRevs?
To file a zero file tax form, select your tax form from your Action Center. Then, complete the required information on the remittance, including Gross Sales and any deductions. You will be prompted to confirm your desire to complete the return as a Zero File return.
What payment types are accepted by the City through MUNIRevs?
The City accepts ACH Credit (wire transfer) as well as Visa and Mastercard credit cards. 
How do I pay by ACH Credit?
To pay by ACH Credit, please download the ACH Credit Form and e-mail it to to add this setting to your account.
Can I schedule a payment in MUNIRevs?
For your security, MUNIRevs does not store any payment information in the system. You will need to enter your desired payment information each time you check out. 
How do I change the User on a Business?
All users need to register, just as you did, by going to the home page for that jurisdiction (i.e. They will click on the "Go" button under "New Users". They will also need the 6 digit Account Number and Activation Code for the business. To change the email on your existing account, go the the section called "Manage Your User Account" at the bottom of your Business Center (homepage when logged in).
I forgot my password. What do I do? 
From the Log In page, click the “Forgot your password” link and follow the instructions that will be e-mailed to the User’s registered e-mail address.
Do I have to login to MUNIRevs to see my alerts and reminders?
No. All alerts are e-mailed to your authenticated e-mail address. When you login to the system, you will also see any open alerts that need to be addressed in your Action Center. 

For Assistance, Contact MUNIRevs Support
(888) 751-1911

When contacting support, be sure to include the jurisdiction (Saint Paul) and your account number in all emails or voicemails. This will help us assist you as promptly as possible. Thanks!